Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Foreboding future

Well, I have a secondhand copy of a Naval Message telling me that I will be going to the desert. Ironic though it is, someone who has dedicated his life to the art of subsurface warfare, becomes a technical "expert" hired gun to help with the Iraqi War effort, combatting roadside explosives. The depth of my experience seems to be that fourteen years ago, I was trying to prove to my Electrical Engineering professor, that I wasn't a complete idiot, and that at one time, I was responsible for maintaining 300 pounds of torpedo explosives as a submariner. (Sub- marr - eeen - errr is the correct pronounciation / Sub - m-aire - in - er is a cartoon character!!!)
Oh well. The purpose and hopeful goal of this blog is to document my trials and tribulations as I convert from a bubblehead to a battle-hardened ground pounder (gawd help us all!!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vince, Chip and I want you to know that we are real proud and honored to know you are out there doing for our country. Now get out there and kick some butt!!!!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.And before you know it you will be home cutting your grass and palying football again. Please keep us updated as we will be looking forward to hearing from you!!!1